Democratic and Republican AGs Push Back on Indicted TX AG Ken Paxton Lawsuit
December 9, 2020
Current RAGA Chair Chris Carr Slaps Down Former RAGA Chair Ken Paxton
Today, Republican and Democratic Attorneys General in the key battleground states of Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin pushed back on an absurd and frivolous lawsuit filed today by indicted Republican Texas AG Ken Paxton. Paxton is seeking to invalidate the election results in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin – all states President-elect Joe Biden won.
Current Republican Attorneys General Association (RAGA) Chair Georgia AG Chris Carr’s office pushed back saying, “With all due respect, Texas Attorney General is constitutionally, legally and factually wrong about Georgia.”
Democratic Attorneys General in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin issued a joint statement saying, “These insignificant attempts to disregard the will of the people in our three states mislead the public and tear at the fabric of our Constitution. The people in our states voted. Their votes were counted—in some cases multiple times. And the results have been certified. It’s well past time for the President and our fellow states and elected officials to stop misleading the public about this year’s election and to acknowledge that the results certified in our states reflect the decisions made by the voters in a free, fair, and secure election.”
Statement from Massachusetts AG Maura Healey and Nevada AG Aaron Ford, Co-Chairs of the Democratic Attorneys General Association:
“Ken Paxton continues to do disservice to the critical work we do as state Attorneys General. This latest lawsuit filed by the Texas Attorney General, which seeks to undermine the will of voters in states that are not Texas and that will have absolutely no impact on the outcome of the election, is meritless and desperate.”
“Indeed, the Georgia Attorney General got it right, and instead of continuing to sow doubt and distrust in the 2020 election, state AGs—regardless of party—should continue to speak out in support of the will of the people and protecting our democracy.”
- DAGA Co-Chairs called for Ken Paxton to resign in October.
- Ken Paxton is indicted on securities fraud and currently awaits trial.
- Ken Paxton is under investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Ken Paxton fired seven senior staffers who whisleblew on his potentially illegal behavior earlier this year.
- Ken Paxton threatened cities in Texas who did not lift COVID-19 restrictions meant to protect people.
- Ken Paxton supported the complete restriction of reproductive health care during the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ken Paxton is leading the Republican AG effort to repeal the entire ACA, which would take health care away from 20+ million people, and eliminate protections for 135+ million with pre-existing conditions.
- Ken Paxton served as the Chair of the Republican AG Association and currently serves as Co-Chair of Lawyers for Trump.