Democratic AGs are at the forefront of the fight against climate change and are some of the most effective advocates for climate protection. Every day, they work to protect our communities and public lands, and hold polluters accountable.
In the fight against climate change, Democratic AGs play a pivotal role in protecting our planet, people, and economy, while Republican AGs have continued to put ideology and partisan games over our health and economy.
Democratic AGs also serve as vital partners of the Biden-Harris Administration, building on the Dem AGs’ major victories to combat the climate crisis taken during the Trump administration.
State Attorneys General have a wide range of tools to address pollution and climate change. And as their state’s chief enforcers of state environmental laws, the work of Democratic AGs has never been more important.
Learn more about the work Democratic AGs are doing to make environmental justice a top priority and chip in here if you can help us elect AGs who continue to take bold climate actions.
- CNN: Arizona AG takes aim at foreign-owned farms that pump groundwater to feed cattle overseas
- AP: New Jersey files suit to force pollution cleanup at 8 sites
- PBS: U.S. Cities and States Are Suing Big Oil Over Climate Change. Here’s What the Claims Say and Where They Stand
- Washington Post: States take on PFAS ‘forever chemicals’ with bans and lawsuits
- Chicago Sun-Times: Illinois Attorney General sues 3M, other makers of ‘forever chemicals’