MT AG RACE UPDATE: Momentum Builds with Key Endorsements for Raph Graybill
October 23, 2020
In case you missed it, four key editorial boards endorsed Montana’s Democratic AG nominee Raph Graybill for Montana Attorney General. Endorsements include the Billings Gazette, the newspaper representing the largest city in Montana. With the latest report showing Graybill having a 5-to-1 cash on hand advantage, momentum is with Raph and this race remains competitive.
- The Billings Gazette editorial board endorsed writing, Graybill “has certainly fought big courtroom battles and we think he is well-equipped to pursue the pro-consumer legal battles that could help Montanans and the state budget — battles that do not seem to be a priority to his opponent.”
- The editorial board continued by writing, “Graybill’s approach to the methamphetamine problem seems more promising.”
- The editorial board closed by writing, “we think Graybill has a broader, more innovative approach to public safety in the state.”
Additionally, the Billings Gazette editorial board makes it clear why Austin Knudsen should not be elected to the office of Montana Attorney General:
- The editorial board writes, “First of all, we are concerned about what Knudsen would cut from Justice. We do not want fewer troopers on the highways. We do not want fewer resources for the state crime lab. Or the state medical examiner’s office. We do not want less state attention paid to missing and murdered indigenous women and men. We do not want to see the Natural Resource Damage Program lose valuable funding and personnel.”
- The editorial board continues, “It should be pointed out that for many in the state, mental-health and addiction-treatment services hinge on Medicaid expansion, which depends on the Affordable Care Act, which Knudsen opposes.”
- The editorial board closed by writing, “We believe Knudsen is far more suited to the job he has now than to the one he seeks.”
As a fifth generation Montanan, Raph Graybill understands how important access to affordable health care is for Billings’ families and all Montanans. Graybill is the only candidate with a comprehensive plan to lower health care costs and protect Montanans with pre-existing conditions. Austin Knudsen supports the Republican AG-led lawsuit to eliminate the Affordable Care Act that would strip access to affordable health care for Montana families.
These endorsements come on the heels of a newly released video of Montana veterans who are part of the lawsuit against Austin Knudsen – for blocking their access to a veterans’ park. Watch the Montana veterans speak out here.
Access to public lands is also a key voting issue for Montanans this year and only one candidate has a plan to protect public lands: Raph Graybill.